Labor & Employment Law
Law Offices of Barbra Stern Labor and Employment Law
The Law Offices of Barbra Stern offers labor and employment law services to protect the legal rights of both employers and employees.
Barbra Stern has extensive experience in employment law and litigation advising clients in a wide range of agency, state, and federal law. She also provides a diverse array of services that can help your organization navigate employment-related regulations and laws. The Law Offices of Barbra Stern has experience:
- Both counseling clients and drafting handbooks, policies, confidentiality and trade secret agreements, employment contracts, and non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Representing employers in reemployment assistance benefits (unemployment) claims and the appeals process for the agency and in state courts.
- Defending housing discrimination claims under state and federal law.
- Advising on and conducting investigations of employee relations complaints.
- Conducting HR audits and training for its clients.
The Law Offices of Barbra Stern also defends employers against claims in investigation and litigation stages and equal employment opportunity charges, and also advises clients on administrative actions and claims that come up from local ordinances.
The Law Offices of Barbra Stern offers legal counsel for employees who have been treated unfairly by their employer. Employees in Florida are protected by laws stipulating certain rights of employment, along with options for when an employer violates these rights. From laws preventing discrimination in the workplace to wage and hour laws, Florida workers have the right to fair employment, and can take legal action if their employer violates their rights.
If your employer treated you unfairly in the workplace The Law Offices of Barbra Stern can help.
Federal Employment Laws Protecting Florida Workers
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- The Occupational Safety and HealthAct (OSHA)
- The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Florida Employee Rights You Should Know
- Wage and hours
- Denial of leave
- Workplace safety
- Wrongful termination and unemployment
Hiring A Lawyer For Employment-Related Claims
While you can individually file with a state and federal organization tasked with enforcing the appropriate employment law, serious issues in the workplace are best dealt with by an experienced attorney. Attorney Barbra Stern has expertise in:
- Court procedures
- Federal/Florida employment laws
- Presenting witness testimonies
- Gathering information/evidence
- Preventing your employer’s attorneys from using unfair tactics
- Presenting documents to courts and juries
Larger employers often have a team of attorneys on retainer to fight employment disputes, which is why you want an employment lawyer on your side to fight for your rights. It can be almost impossible to succeed in an employment lawsuit sans a lawyer. If you think your employee rights have been violated, it’s important to document everything you can, and to seek legal counsel immediately. Call the Law Offices of Barbra Stern to speak with an experienced labor attorney today.